Thursday, December 22, 2011

SIMPLE WEDGE SALAD!

Hi Ladies and Gents!
     Still learning this whole Blog Thing but now I have some fun stuff to share. A Big time favorite salad dish of mine is the "WEDGE",  Extremely easy to make and with the correct blue cheese and fresh produce it is a Win/Win Situation.

WEDGE Consists of:
-Iceberg Lettuce
-Any Tomatoes you Prefer
-Red Onion
-Salt & Pepper
-TOBY'S Blue Cheese (A Must)

Best Blue Cheese Ive Found
1st Step: Clean the Produce and get rid of dirt that may have not been washed off before hitting the Grocery Store.

2nd Step: Cut Onion very Thin I find that when
its thin the Onion won't overpower the rest of
the Flavors. Its all about Personal Preference.


3rd Step: Plating the Salad is Personal Preference if you want to toss it before putting it on the plate or if you want to lay out everything then put the dressing on after! At times i like to add shrimp that makes the Taste buds freak out uncontrolably and makes for a very Happy Joe :) ENJOY
Standard Wedge (JOE STYLE)

Adding Shrimp is Never a Bad Idea!

6 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite salads, you are right about slicing the onion thin. I also like mine with bacon bits. The shrimp looks amazing can you give us the recipe for that?
    Looking forward to more recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome babe! Woohooo! Next you should do your jicama salad with halibut tacos

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me this salad and I LOVED it. Simple and refreshing, but fancy at the same time! I need to get that Toby's dressing...so good. Next time I will have it with shrimp please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm not going to do what you all think I'm going to do, which is just FREAKOUT"

    - Joe's taste buds after eating the shrimpys

    ReplyDelete
  5. but seriously looks so yum. I think I should be your offish taster

    ReplyDelete